For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
Become a Green Belt and improve your Services processes – #103
You wish to deploy the 6 Sigma approach thanks to leaders capable of leading strategic projects to reduce the variability of your processes or services and to develop your functional managers or support process pilots towards a Green Belt qualification (*).
(*) Euro-Symbiose will only award the GB qualification on the following condition :
- Successful completion of the knowledge test (MCQ) on the last day of the course.
- Understand your role as a Green Belt facilitator and leader of 6 Sigma improvement teams.
- Know how to characterize a 6 Sigma project at GB level (charter and contract).
- Know how to build and lead a team around a 6 Sigma project.
- Understand and apply the DMAIC project approach.
- Know how to use quality tools and simple statistical techniques at the different stages of the approach, and know how to apply them effectively in the context of a project specific to your organisation.
- Know how to present the progress of your 6 Sigma project to the Champion in a concise and complete manner.
Functional managers in charge of improving the performance of support or service processes.
The steps of the method and the tools are taught on the basis of a case study.
Exercises are used to train participants in their role as project team leaders.
- During this training, it is recommended that the participants apply the concepts and tools taught during the intersession on a 6 Sigma project of their organisation; a feedback is done at the beginning of the second week.
- As the DMAIC stages progress, computer aids are provided and used (Excel files) in order to allow the formalisation of results (chart, SIPOC, CTQ Matrix, etc.) and the use of simple statistical tools (control chart, capability, etc.).
This training is offered in 4 sessions of 2 days.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
FINAL GREEN-BELT CERTIFICATION based on a project defense (EURO-SYMBIOSE certification): based on the implementation of a Six Sigma Green Belt Project, validated by EURO-SYMBIOSE at the different DMAIC stages of the Project.
Consulting services : EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
Define” step: Part 1 “Selecting priorities”:
- Select the project.
- Form the team.
- Define the project by the team.
- Listen to the clients to identify the CTQs.
- The “select priorities” review.
Define” stage: Part 2 “Learning about the process”:
- Describe the process.
- Quick Wins.
- The “learning about the process” review.
- The management review of the “Define” stage.
The 3 key components of the Six Sigma approach.
- Introduction : Why measure?
- Listening to the voice of the customer.
- Develop operational definitions of CTQ measures with the customer.
- Listen to the voice of the process.
- -Prepare for data collection.
- Studying data variation.
- The different types of variation.
- Identify data variation using control charts.
- Remove assignable causes.
- Look for common causes.
- Prioritise common causes to be addressed.
- Analysis of Xs and Ys.
- Analyse the relationships between the Xs and Ys.
- Analyse the relationships between the Xs (controlled variables and noise variables) and the Ys (continued).
- Test the theories.
- Synthesis of the “Analyze” stage.
- Generate solutions.
- Choose the solution.
- Set the objective of the new process.
Control” stage: Part 1: Ensure stability & standardise the solution:
- Define a monitoring plan / Put critical parameters under control.
- Standardise, formalise changes.
Control stage: Part 2: “Review”:
- Evaluate financial gains.
- Prepare communication on results.
- The project closing review.
Synthesis of the “Control” stage and the Six Sigma approach.
Optional extra day: Getting to grips with Minitab:
- Application of the concepts seen during the Green Belt training, using the statistical processing software Minitab.
This day is only applicable to Green Belts who are not pursuing the Black Belt course and wish to use Minitab. A laptop and a Minitab license are required to participate in this day.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers