For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
Product Safety Management – Responsibilities and Organisation – #16
- Product safety is a strategic element for any company, as it involves legal consequences for the company and criminal consequences for individuals.
- Product safety does not necessarily imply products that do not conform to specifications.
- Product safety concerns all industrial products and not only those involved in a safety function.
- These strategic issues require the strengthening of the processes of its organisation.
As a manager, you wish to :
- Discover the regulatory context and understand the requirements in terms of product safety.
- Understand the legal and penal responsibilities involved in product safety, and how to protect yourself from them.
- Understand why this liability may arise even though the product is in compliance with the specifications.
- Understand the role of the PSCR required by German car manufacturers.
- Discover how to carry out preventive market surveillance as one of the entry points to product safety.
- To know how to react in case of proven product safety risks.
The scope of this training: industrial products intended for the general public, excluding food products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices.
- Members of the management team.
- Heads of service / department.
The teaching method alternates between presentation sequences and situational exercises or group analyses which are then shared.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- PSCR: Product Safety and Compliance Representative in the Automotive Industry according to VDA – #950
Consulting services: EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
- Introduction to the legal foundations.
- Roles and responsibilities of management.
- The organisation of product safety (delegation, skills required).
- PSCR a key role, required in the German automotive industry.
- Construction and control of product safety within the processes of its organisation.
- Preventive market surveillance: sources of information (RAPEX, OECD website, etc.).
- How to react when a product safety risk is identified: Escalation process within the organisation, towards customers, suppliers and authorities.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers