For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
SMED: TRAINING-ACTION / PILOT PROJECTS REDUCE YOUR CHANGEOVER TIMES – #47
You want to reduce your serial changeover times for the following reasons :
- You need to reduce your batch sizes as part of a Lean approach.
- You want to optimise your labour costs or significantly reduce quality problems inherent in changeovers.
- You want to improve the availability of components at the assembly stations during a changeover.
- Discover the concepts and the steps to take to reduce changeover times.
- Learn how to implement the method in the field.
- Understand how SMED fits into a Lean Manufacturing approach.
- Process Managers
- Industrialization Managers
- Production Managers
- Production Teams.
DO IT: After a presentation by the consultant on the concepts, the trainees take charge of a concrete site on the ground. They observe and analyse the existing situation, then design, implement and improve the solutions that will enable them to achieve the objectives set at the outset. The tasks are divided up and dealt with in sub-groups, which regularly share the results of their work to validate them.
Validation by the trainer of the ability to apply the concepts and tools taught through situational exercises.
Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
Consulting services : EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
Theory : SMED concepts and benefits, impact on inventory and lead time.
- Observe and measure the current state.
- Define the different steps quantified in time.
- Break down all process phases.
- Separate external and internal operations.
- Optimize the remaining operations with a focus on added value.
- Simulate, test and implement full-scale solutions.
- Measure the interim results.
- Standardize the solutions.
- Measure the final results achieved.
- Present the results to the management of the host site.
To get a quote : Contact us