For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
8D expert: Strengthen your problem-solving practice – #777
You master the classic problem solving tools (QQOQCP, Is Not, Brainstorming, Ishikawa, 5 Whys…).
You wish to reinforce your mastery of the 8D approach by implementing tools that are complementary to the classic tools, in order to :
- describe a problem more precisely (step D2),
- improve the identification and validation of causes (step D4),
- make the verification of the effectiveness of actions more reliable (step D6).
- Understand the limitations of traditional tools.
- Identify points of progress in the mastery of classic tools.
- Discover and master the use of complementary tools at the appropriate stages:
o Step D2: Multi-variant diagram, Rearrangement of components, False resemblance
o Step D4: Recombination of variables, Correlation diagram
o Step D6: Antique/New
- Identify the possibilities of using these complementary tools in the situations you encounter
- Management staff from all departments, actors in continuous improvement.
- Managers, coordinators and technicians/animators in quality, safety and environment.
- Problem-solving facilitator, customer quality manager, internal quality auditor.
- Technicians and engineers in support services (quality, methods, industrialisation, logistics, design office, etc.).
- Sector manager, RUAP
- Production or support service engineer
- Have completed training course no. 77 “Protecting your customers from incidents and eliminating the causes” or equivalent.
- Master the 8D approach and the associated classic tools (QQOQCP, Is not Is, brainstorming, Ishikawa, 5 whys …)
This training covers tools that are particularly appropriate in the context of manufacturing a multi-component product and a manual or automatic assembly process.
- The training follows a thread structured by each of the 8 steps of the 8D approach.
- Each complementary tool is discussed at the stage where it has a role to play and in relation to the purpose of the stage.
- Each tool is the subject of a theoretical presentation completed by an example.
- Each tool is then put into practice on a case study either individually or in sub-groups, depending on the case.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
- Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- Becoming a Green Belt – #61
- Field Failure Analysis according to the VDA – #945
- The TRIZ method: Theory of Inventive Problem Solving – #116
- Knowing and controlling the impact of human factors – #759
Consulting services: EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
8D and limits of classical tools.
Tools associated with step D2: Problem description.
Tools associated with step D4: Search for causes.
Tools associated with step D6: Implement corrective actions and verify their effectiveness.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers