For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
VDA 5 – Measurement and testing processes – Adequacy, planning and management – #936
Training in partnership with the VDA-QMC
There are several standards and guidelines that specify the requirements for the identification and treatment of uncertainties in measurement and testing processes. Companies face many problems in this area, especially with regard to the organisation and certification of their quality management systems.
The course explains how to determine the adequacy of measurement and testing processes and how testing processes are planned and executed.
The training highlights the links between the related processes of test equipment management, test planning and test process management (including defined roles). It also focuses on preventing risks associated with the measurement and testing processes.
- Know how to implement the methods set out in VDA Volume 5.
- Protect yourself against the risks associated with measurement and testing processes.
- Know how to select the criteria for purchasing your measurement and test equipment.
- Recognise and quantify the factors that affect the suitability of the test process.
- Be able to document the adequacy of the measurement system and process, and know how to manage measurement uncertainties extended to the limits of the specification.
- Be able to bypass inadequate measurement and test processes.
- Be able to assess the adequacy of attributive test processes.
This course is aimed at people who are responsible for :
– planning measurement and testing processes, and/or purchasing, calibrating or using test equipment,
– designing products and defining specifications/tolerances,
– producing measuring equipment and devices.
- Quality teams.
- Quality / QHSE managers, engineers and technicians.
- Project managers.
- Industrialization managers.
- Production managers.
- Methods managers.
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience in the field of measurement techniques and/or inspection equipment management – or comparable professional experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics (e.g. Gaussian, normal distribution, Anova, etc.)
- The pedagogy alternates between presentation sequences and intensive group work and feedback from an experienced trainer. Particular attention is paid to experimentation and practice with the help of practical and specific examples on the management of the control process.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
- Participant file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
- VDA Handbook Volume 5.
To go further
Consulting services : EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
- Measurable properties
- Factors involved in measurement and control
- The contribution of product development to the control process.
Session 2: Planning
- risk class
- selection of control equipment: resolution, MPE (maximum permissible error, accuracy, repeatability)
- influence of instrument uncertainty (UMS)
- validation (QMS).
- influences of different uncertainties (UMP)
- Validation (QMP)
- evidence of compliance: g-factor of the safety strip
- treatment of unsuitable control processes
- continuous assessment of capability
- The signal detection method for discretised features.
- The Cohen/Fleiss Kappa method for discrete characteristics.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers